Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package Betty Crocker chicken helper fettuccine alfredo
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen asparagus, thawed and drained
- Melt margarine in 10 inch skillet over high heat.
- Cook chicken, mushrooms and onion in margarine 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is white.
- Stir in Sauce Mix from fettuccine alfredo mix, milk, water and mustard.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in uncooked Pasta; reduce heat.
- Cover and cimmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
- Stir in asparagus.
- Cover and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
- Uncover and let stand about 5 minutes or until sauce is as thick as you'd like (sauce will thicken as it stands).
- Stir before serving.