Recipe by Marguerite (NSW Australia)
Everyone I know likes this dip and ask for the recipe. It's quick and easy and tastes great. I got it from a friend of mine one christmas.
- 1 (300 ml) carton sour cream
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- 1 (30 g) packagespring vegetable soup mix
- 1 (340 g) cancut asparagus, drained
- 1 large cob bread (any other shape or type can be used; Can also use several small damper rolls for individual serves o)
- 1 baguette
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sour cream, cream cheese, Spring vegetable soup mix& asparagus cuts in a bowel (1 can of Creamed corn& 2-3 rashes of cooked diced bacon can be used instead of asparagus).
- Cut the top of the bread cob.
- Dig out the bread from the cob (use this to dip with later).
- Fill the cob with dip and Replace top of cob (filling can be warmed in microwave first to make cooking time faster).
- Cook in moderate oven until hot and crisp.
- Cut French stick to dip with when cob cooked.