Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Everyone I know likes this dip and ask for the recipe. It's quick and easy and tastes great. I got it from a friend of mine one christmas.
- 1 (300 ml) carton sour cream
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- 1 (30 g) packagespring vegetable soup mix
- 1 (340 g) cancut asparagus, drained
- 1 large cob bread (any other shape or type can be used; Can also use several small damper rolls for individual serves o)
- 1 baguette
- Mix sour cream, cream cheese, Spring vegetable soup mix& asparagus cuts in a bowel (1 can of Creamed corn& 2-3 rashes of cooked diced bacon can be used instead of asparagus).
- Cut the top of the bread cob.
- Dig out the bread from the cob (use this to dip with later).
- Fill the cob with dip and Replace top of cob (filling can be warmed in microwave first to make cooking time faster).
- Cook in moderate oven until hot and crisp.
- Cut French stick to dip with when cob cooked.
Great recipe! I always get requests from friends to bring this dip along to parties. It's so simple to make and tastes great. Always a popular hit.
Wonderful appetizer, this went over extremely well and even those that didn't care for asparagus liked it, thanks for a great idea vs. spinach dips
I love this dip, and so it seems did my guests as there was nothing left on the platter at the end of the party. I made the mixture up the day before and refrigerated it in a microwavable container, then I heated up the filling slightly before putting it into the cob.It worked perfectly Thanks for posting this recipe.