Recipe by justcallmetoni
The unusual combination of pineapple and asparagus makes this German chicken salad distintive and appealing. Though it is untried, I plan to make it soon and add my own tweaks. Note the brief preparation time does not include cooking the chicken or asparagus. Submitted for 'Zaar World Tour.
Top Review by ScarletChef
This is delicious. I changed the proportions a little bit so that there would be more of a 1 to 1 ratio between the tomatoes, asparagus, pineapple, and chicken. I have made it twice now. It is delicious. In prepping the chicken I cooked it in Cooking White Wine. That went really well.
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parsley (Chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold cooked chicken, Diced
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunk, drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3⁄4 lb asparagus, cooked, cooled and cut into 1 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, parsley, calt and sugar. Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine cubed chicken, pineapple and tomatoes in a large bowl. Add the dressing mix, tossing lightly
- Arrange half the Asparagus in a large salad bowl or serving platter. Spoon chicken salad on top. Scatter remaining asparagus on top.