Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The unusual combination of pineapple and asparagus makes this German chicken salad distintive and appealing. Though it is untried, I plan to make it soon and add my own tweaks. Note the brief preparation time does not include cooking the chicken or asparagus. Submitted for 'Zaar World Tour.
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parsley (Chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold cooked chicken, Diced
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunk, drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3⁄4 lb asparagus, cooked, cooled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, parsley, calt and sugar. Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine cubed chicken, pineapple and tomatoes in a large bowl. Add the dressing mix, tossing lightly
- Arrange half the Asparagus in a large salad bowl or serving platter. Spoon chicken salad on top. Scatter remaining asparagus on top.
This is delicious. I changed the proportions a little bit so that there would be more of a 1 to 1 ratio between the tomatoes, asparagus, pineapple, and chicken. I have made it twice now. It is delicious. In prepping the chicken I cooked it in Cooking White Wine. That went really well.
This was so mush better than I even thought it would be. Thank you for posting. I will be making again.