Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A refreshing salad that's different from the same-o, same-o.
- 5 cans artichoke hearts
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 5 ounces green beans, whole,with tips removed
- 5 ounces button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced very thinly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the asparagus into short lengths.
- Cut the mushrooms and artichoke hearts into quarters or eights, depending on original size Put asparagus and beans into boiling water for just one to two minutes to turn them a bright green Remove the asparagus and beans from the boiling water and place immediately into ice water.
- Once the asparagus and beans are chilled, put into a colender and drain.
- Melt butter in small pan and add the garlic and paprika, and cook for one minute.
- Add the mushrooms, cook for another three to four minutes, and remove from the heat.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice, and black pepper in a small bowl, mixing well.
- Put the asparagus, mushrooms, artichokes, and beans into a medium size bowl.
- Pour the oil mixture over the vegetables and toss well.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.