Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
It's that time of year for everyone to eat their fill of fresh asparagus! I found this from Kraft and thought it looked wonderful.
- 1 lb asparagus spear, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup garlic & herb salad dressing mix, prepared and divided
- 1 lb cleaned medium shrimp
- 1 large red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups penne pasta or 2 cups ziti pasta, uncooked
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- Cook asparagus in 1 tablespoons of the prepared dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add shrimp and red pepper; cover.
- Cook 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package.
- Drain pasta; place in large serving bowl.
- Add remaining dressing, asparagus mixture and cheese; toss lightly.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until chilled.
I used angel hair pasta instead of penne and I wish I hadn't. I also used roasted rep peppers and added some spinach. It was pretty good, can't wait to eat it cold.
Definitely a winner in my house!! I have a very fussy DH and he loved it! I had to improvise on the dressing as I did not have a garlic herb mix so I prepared the onion and chive mix I had and added dried herbs and garlic. I added some lemony citrus oil in the mix, it was wonderful. I loved this recipe for taste, ease of preparation and the fact it is delicious hot and the leftovers make a great pasta salad. Nice recipe Nonnie4Two!