Cajun Shrimp Penne Pasta
photo by ShardHicks
- Ready In:
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 1 cup cream
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 ounce fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Cook penne paste until al dente. Drain and let cool.
- In a saute pan heat olive oil and add bacon. Cook until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon and set aside, but leave grease in saute pan.
- Add onions and garlic to bacon grease and cook until golden.
- Remove onions and garlic, set aside with bacon.
- Add shrimp and cook until done.
- Turn heat to low, return bacon, onion, and garlic to pan.
- Add paprika, red chili pepper flakes, and penne pasta.
- Add cream and parmesan cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I guess it was a hung jury on whether it should be 4 or 5 stars. While I LOVED it, my hubby just gave it a "really good, but not wonderfully fantastic." (and he has given some recipes the 'wonderfully fantastic' label. I made a few changes though. No onion, no bacon. And, I didn't really measure the spices, just went by color and feel, so I'm not sure if my version was spicier or not as spicy as the original. Either way, I WILL cook this again!
Very nice! Restaurant-quality, definitely rich, but very good. I doubled the amount of shrimp, because DH would've eaten all the shrimp on me if I didn't. The listed amount of chile pepper flakes gives the dish quite a kick, so more heat-sensitive diners might want to cut it in half or so. Served this with some extra cheese sprinkled on top of each serving (hey, calorie-wise, if you're gonna go down, might as well go down in flames, right?) lol Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 09