Recipe by seesko
From cooking light. I never know how to use aspargus. This is a good way. Each serving is abuot 250 calories A serving is 1 cup
- 1 slice white bread (1-ounce)
- 3 3⁄4 cups uncooked extra-wide egg noodles
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced asparagus (1 1/2-inch)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed ham (1/2-inch)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place bread in a food processor, and pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form to measure 1/2 cup.
- Cook pasta in boiling water 7 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add asparagus; cook 1 minute. Drain.
- Lightly spoon the flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Place flour, thyme, salt, and pepper in medium bowl; gradually add milk and broth, stirring with a whisk until well-blended. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion; saute 4 minutes. Add milk mixture; cook until thick (about 4 minutes), stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in juice. Combine the pasta mixture, milk mixture, ham, and parsley in large bowl; spoon into a 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden.