Recipe by lazyme
From Bon Appetit, April, 1991.
Top Review by Maggie in Minnesota
Years ago my brother-in-law made this exact recipe from the magazine. It's FANTASTIC. The www and the chef that posted this are great - who would have guessed years ago that I would be able to find a recipe I haven't seen in at least 20 years & in less than 10 minutes? Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to make this.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 8 ounces crabmeat, cooked
- 4 large boston lettuce leaves or 4 large butter lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, tomato paste, shallot, Dijon mustard and pepper in medium bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. (Can be.
- prepared 3 days ahead.)
- Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp tender, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl of ice water and cool.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Mix crab meat into mayonnaise.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Arrange 1 lettuce leaf on each plate.
- Top with asparagus.
- Spoon crab meat mayonnaise over and serve.