Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep2 hrs 35 mins
Tender juicy chicken wings, with a crisp outside and Asian twist. A gourmet original, don't get overwhelmed with the ingredients, change them to suit your taste.
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 20 chicken wings
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes and white wine into a blender; puree until smooth, then pour into a saucepan. Stir in the barbeque sauce, sesame oil, hot pepper sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, and cornstarch. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for several minutes until thickened. Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- While the marinade is cooling, pierce the chicken wings using a fork, and place into a mixing bowl. Toss the chicken wings with the garlic, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Pour the cooled marinade over the wings, and stir to coat. Cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the chicken wings from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Cook the wings on the preheated grill until no longer pink at the bone, about 20 minutes. Turn the wings frequently as they cook to ensure even cooking. Place the cooked wings on a serving platter; squeeze the lime wedges over the wings, and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.