1/4 Photos of Asian-Style Grilled Tilapia
I have to put this recipe somewhere before it gets thrown away!! It was in the paper as a "Quick Meal". I just love tilapia!! Feel free to add more garlic or ginger to this sauce....the more the merrier, right?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the soy sauce, sugar, garlic, lime juice, ginger and red pepper flakes in a wide, shallow baking pan that will hold all of the fish in a single layer.
- 2Stir briefly to dissolve the sugar.
- 3Add the tilapia, then turn it over so that it's coated all over with the marinade.
- 4Set aside for 20 min or so.
- 5Heat the broiler to high, and move the oven rack to position closest to heat.
- 6Slide the pan into the oven, and broil the fish for 5 minute Keep the oven door ajar so the broiler element stays lit.
- 7Turn the pan around (back to front), and broil for 5 more minute.
- 8If the juices in the pan appear to burn, add a little water to the dry spot to prevent burning.
- 9The fish should be opaque and flaky.
- 10Spoon the sauce over the fish when serving.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian-Style Grilled Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.4
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 1065.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 24.9 g