I have to put this recipe somewhere before it gets thrown away!! It was in the paper as a "Quick Meal". I just love tilapia!! Feel free to add more garlic or ginger to this sauce....the more the merrier, right?
- Combine the soy sauce, sugar, garlic, lime juice, ginger and red pepper flakes in a wide, shallow baking pan that will hold all of the fish in a single layer.
- Stir briefly to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the tilapia, then turn it over so that it's coated all over with the marinade.
- Set aside for 20 min or so.
- Heat the broiler to high, and move the oven rack to position closest to heat.
- Slide the pan into the oven, and broil the fish for 5 minute Keep the oven door ajar so the broiler element stays lit.
- Turn the pan around (back to front), and broil for 5 more minute.
- If the juices in the pan appear to burn, add a little water to the dry spot to prevent burning.
- The fish should be opaque and flaky.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish when serving.