1/1 Photo of Asian Style Chicken Breasts and Bacon
This was in an issue of Food and Wine. It looked great and I thought I would share. I haven't made it yet, still looking for Chinese 5-spice powder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or 3/4 cup beef stock or 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 lb lean thick slab bacon, cut inot 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 lb white mushroom, caps only,quartered
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1In a small saucepan, mix the stock and 5-spice powder and simmer over low heat for 3 minutes.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil.
- 4Add the bacon and cook over low heat until most of the fat is rendered and the bacon is browned (about 15-20 minutes).
- 5Add the garlic.
- 6Saute for 2 minutes.
- 7Add the chicken.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9cook over medium heat until the chicken is brown and just cooked through (about 8-10 minutes).
- 10Remove from skillet.
- 11Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon peanut oil in skillet.
- 12Add mushrooms and saute over medium heat until all of their liquid has evaporated and they start to brown (about 8 minutes).
- 13Remove mushrooms to plate.
- 14Add wine to skillet and simmer over medium-high heat until it is reduced by half.
- 15Add the soy sauce, spiced stock, bacon, garlic, chicken and mushrooms.
- 16Cook, stirring, until heated through.
- 17Add scallions.
- 18Serve (over rice).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Style Chicken Breasts and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.4
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 76.2 mg
- Sodium 859.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 22.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder