Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is like cole slaw, but it has some Asian flavors, and it also has no mayo, so it is ok on a buffet for a while.
For the Salad
- 1 small green cabbage, shredded
- 1 small red cabbage, shredded
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 5-8 green onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 118.29 ml almonds, sliced
- 236.59 ml chow mein noodles
- 118.29 ml parsley or 118.29 ml cilantro
For the Dressing
- 29.58 ml peanut butter
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger, grated finely
- 59.14 ml rice wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml honey
- 78.07 ml salad oil (not olive oil)
- 4.92-9.85 ml chili-sesame oil
- 9.85 ml salt
- Combine the salad ingredients (except the chow mein noodles) in a very large bowl, as you will have to toss them with the dressing. I usually mix the dressing ingredients in a microwave safe bowl- Melting the peanut butter for about 15 seconds, then adding all the other ingredients, whisking thoroughly. Toss salad and dressing, taste for seasoning- it may need more salt, sugar, etc -- depending on your tastes. .
- If you refrigerate for a few hours, the flavors will combine, and as there is no mayonnaise, it is just fine for a while in a buffet. .