Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
Healthy Asian Salmon burgers with slightly spicy wasabi mayo and zucchini relish Zesty Zucchini Relish. You can pan fry or grill these burgers.
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 small onion, 1/4
- 2 tablespoons garlic chives, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh lemon basil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons tamari, sauce or 2 teaspoons lite soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs wild salmon fillets, skin and bones removed
- 6 sesame rolls or 6 poppy seed rolls, toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons relish (I used Zucchini Relish Zesty Zucchini Relish )
- Mix wasabi with lemon juice mix in mayonnaise and chill till ready to use.
- Place onion in a food processor with blade attachment and pulse to mince onion.
- With processor running add garlic chives and garlic and follow with the remaining ingredients in order as stated. When you get to the salmon start to pulse till all is coarsely chopped as a ground beef and all ingredients are mixed. Form 6 patties and lightly spray olive oil on them.
- Preheat grill to very hot.
- Place patties on grill and reduce heat to medium. Grill for 3 minutes and flip grill for 4 more minutes.
- Spread 1/6 of the mayo on the bottom of each roll, top with lettuce, tomato, burger, and spread relish on burger. Top with bun and enjoy.