Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe that I made for my Wife and her sisters for their supper club. I used AussieChef's recipe for Peanut-Lime Vinaigrette to give it an Asian flare. Thanks AussieChef! They're a great, make ahead appetizer and really delicious the next day too. They loved them so here it is...
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 4 cups broccoli coleslaw mix (about 1 1/2 of the 12oz. packages)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced very thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced very thin
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano chili, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Cook pasta shells as directed al-dente.
- drain and rinse with cold water.
- place all salad ingredients in a bowl except reserve some red and yellow pepper for the garnish
- pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat.
- stuff the shells with the salad.
- garnish with red and yellow peppers.
- cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Vinaigrette directions.
- process all vinaigrette ingredients in a food processor except the oil.
- slowly drizzle the oil into food processor until emulsified.
- scrape into a bowl and wait for half an hour for the flavors to develop.