1 hr 10 mins
This is a recipe that I made for my Wife and her sisters for their supper club. I used AussieChef's recipe for Peanut-Lime Vinaigrette to give it an Asian flare. Thanks AussieChef! They're a great, make ahead appetizer and really delicious the next day too. They loved them so here it is...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 4 cups broccoli coleslaw mix (about 1 1/2 of the 12oz. packages)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced very thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced very thin
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano chili, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1Cook pasta shells as directed al-dente.
- 2drain and rinse with cold water.
- 3place all salad ingredients in a bowl except reserve some red and yellow pepper for the garnish
- 4pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat.
- 5stuff the shells with the salad.
- 6garnish with red and yellow peppers.
- 7cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- 8Vinaigrette directions.
- 9process all vinaigrette ingredients in a food processor except the oil.
- 10slowly drizzle the oil into food processor until emulsified.
- 11scrape into a bowl and wait for half an hour for the flavors to develop.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Salad in Shells
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.9
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 290.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
broccoli coleslaw mix