Recipe by InnerHarmonyNutrition
Quinoa is a great protein and fiber source and contains a lot of beneficial vitamins and minerals. It is gluten-free and its glycemic index is much lower than brown rice. Please check my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com, for more healthy gluten-free recipes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sake (optional) or 1 tablespoon white wine (optional)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 cups assortment mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh parsley, chopped (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan, heat oil and sauté garlic.
- Add mushrooms and sake or white wine if using and sauté for a couple of more minutes.
- Add quinoa, 2 cups of water, tamari and salt. Mix and cover.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat. Cook until the water is all absorbed.
- Serve with chopped parsley on top.