1/1 Photo of Asian Noodle Salad
I found this about 10 years ago in a James McNair salad cookbook. If you like cilantro and a bit of kick from the chile oil then you will love this!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Noodle salad
- 1 lb of asian wheat noodles or 1 lb thin italian noodles, such as spaghettini
- 8 ounces snow peas, cut on the diagonal into rectangles long thin pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped green onion, including the green top
- 1 cup coarsely chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
For the Vinaigrette
- 1To make Vinaigrette:.
- 2In a bowl combine the vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Whisk well. Add the oils and whisk or shake until emulsified. Alternatively, the ingredients may be mixed in a food processor or blender. Set aside and make salad.
- 3To make Noodle Salad:
- 4In a large pot, bring water to boil over high heat. Add a pinch of salt.
- 5Drop in the noodles and stir vigorously.
- 6Cook stirring frequently, until barely tender and still quite firm to the bite.
- 7Drain and rinse quickly under running cold water and drain again.
- 8Transfer the noodles to a large bowl. Add about half the vinaigrette, and toss well.
- 9Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally to keep noodle strands from sticking together.
- 10Bring a large saucepan filled with water to a boil.
- 11Add the snow peas and cook until tender, about 1 minute.
- 12Drain, then plunge into ice water to halt cooking and preserve color. Drain well.
- 13Add the snow peas, green onion, peanuts, cilantro and the remaining vinaigrette to the noodles and toss gently but throughly.
- 14Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 776.8
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2070.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 28.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili oil