2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 40 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh garlic
- 1 gallon chicken broth, plus
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package firm tofu, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can straw mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen oriental-style vegetables
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach, trimmed and chopped
- 1In a large pot heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Add the ginger and garlic and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3Combine 1-cup broth with the cornstarch and blend until smooth.
- 4Pour the cornstarch mixture into the pot and add the remaining broth, tofu, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and crushed red pepper flakes.
- 5Bring the soup to a boil and cook until thickened.
- 6Add the frozen vegetables, shrimp and cilantro.
- 7Simmer until shrimp is just opaque, about 10 minutes.
- 8Stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted.
- 9They say if you eat a full pot every 2 to 3 days, that is all you need to drop pounds fast.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Miracle diet soup
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.3
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.5 mg
- Sodium 1165.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
frozen oriental-style vegetables