This recipe comes from Simply Classic, The Junior League of Seattle cookbook. I made some slight adjustments to the directions. This is an impressive dish served with rice pilaf or polenta and a green salad. Please note that the prep does allow for marinating the meat 24 hours.
- Trim the rack of lamb removing fat and silver skin.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a blender jar until well blended.
- Put the meat in a ziplock bag and pour the marinade over.
- Seal the bag well and place in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Set out the meat and allow to stand at room temperature for 1 hour before cooking.
- Run the bones under cool water before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, spray and broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray and place rack meat side down.
- Place 1 cup of water in bottom of broiler pan, place the pan in the oven and roast uncovered for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers between 145 and 150 degrees for medium-rare.
- Check the meat a couple of times during cooking. If the water has cooked out of pan, add additional water.
- To serve, carve the rack into individual chops allowing 2 chops per person.