Recipe by AcadiaTwo
Who said veggie burgers couldn't be healthy and taste good too? This burger on your choice of bun plus the addition of your favorite condiments is sure to please.
Top Review by Nif
Unfortunately, I couldn't get these burgers to work either. :( For contests, I like to make things as listed so I'm choosing to not leave any stars because of the results from the listed ingredients/instructions. I'm sure that there is just something missing. Please let me know if you alter this and I'll be happy to try it again. Thanks! :)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion (purple)
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger (ground)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup walnut pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice (cooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince onion.
- Finely chop zucchini and red bell pepper.
- In skillet on medium heat, add peanut oil and saute onion until for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Then add bell pepper and zucchini and saute for about 15 minutes or until until tender.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a small bowl lightly whisk eggs.
- In mixing bowl combine onion, zucchini, bell pepper, eggs, ginger, cumin, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and walnuts with cooked rice and mix together thoroughly.
- Make into hamburger patties.
- Line a jelly roll pan with baker's parchment paper, then add burgers to preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes flipping them mid way through. (Bake until thoroughly cooked through).