1/1 Photo of Asian-Inspired Meatballs and Spaghetti
This one is hot off the press from Eat Boutique blog. The creator, Denise Woodward, said she's been developing this recipe for a year. She finally nailed it by using pork instead of beef, chicken or turkey and even veal. The sesame seeds add crunch to the meatballs and the sauce is definitely umami with it's sweet, sour and spicy flavors. Soba noodles completes the meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground pork
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 -2 teaspoon sriracha asian garlic sauce
- safflower oil or vegetable oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package soba noodles
- 1In a saucepan, over low heat, add the brown sugar, white wine and soy sauce. Stir and cook just until the sugar melts, about 2 minutes. Add the ginger and Sriracha; stir and continue to simmer over very low heat, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, add all of the meatball ingredients. Using your hands, mix well. Form the mixture into small meatballs.
- 3In a shallow frying pan, add about a 1/4 inch of safflower oil; heat until hot, about 2 minutes. Add the meatballs a few at a time. Brown each side. Remove to a paper towel. Repeat the process.
- 4Once all the meatballs are browned, wipe out the excess oil from the frying pan with a paper towel (do not rinse or wash) and place the meatballs back into the pan. Pour the sauce over the top, and let simmer over very low heat for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- 5Right before serving, cook the noodles according to the package direction. Drain. Toss with a teaspoon of safflower oil to prevent noodles from sticking.
- 6Add the meatballs to the noodles. If the sauce is a bit thin, raise the heat and cook down a bit until it is thick. Pour over the noodles, gently toss.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian-Inspired Meatballs and Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 990.5
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 169.1 mg
- Sodium 2913.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 28.8 g
- Protein 49.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: