Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sweet and savory noodles in a curried sesame peanut butter sauce. You can add chicken or sausage for a one dish meal.
- 1 lb Chinese wheat noodles
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 12 baby bok choy, halved (Shanghai Tips)
- 2 cups vegetable broth (see Asian Vegetable Broth)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter, natural
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 drops fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon mild curry powder (I used Singapore blend by Penzy's Spices)
- In a medium saucepan, combine olive oil, peanut butter, soy sauce and fish sauce over low heat. Blend cornstarch into the broth and slowly pour into saucepan, whisking constantly until smooth. Add curry powder to taste. Add sesame oil just before combining sauce with noodles.
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions with kosher salt added to water. In last few minutes of cooking, add shanghai tips. Drain noodles and mix with sesame peanut sauce. Serve immediately.
What a wonderful side dish! I used a light homemade Chinese chicken stock, regular baby bok choy and some extra fish sauce and sesame oil. We all loved it -- including our exchange students from the Czech Republic and Japan. Made for the Asian Forum's Use Your Noodle Tag Game.
This is so easy and quick to toss together. I did use Shanghai Tips and they are tender and yummy I added them the last 3 minutes of cooking the pasta. Perfect! Thanks!