Recipe by kittycatmom
Everything that makes an egg roll great, without the deep-fat frying! I haven't tried this yet, just posting for safe keeping. **I've done a little research and think a great sauce may be the best accompiament I would suggest Thai Dipping Sauce for Spring Wrap or Egg Rolls by Bergy or Wasabi Sauce by Miraklegirl. Of course if you have a favorite sauce give that a try! Found on myrecipes web site
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
very good pitas! I made a few minor amount adjustments and used chopped cooked breaded chicken breast, this was made for KK's tag game and thoroughly enjoyed, thanks Kitty!
- 2 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup diced water chestnut
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil or 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 (7 inch) whole wheat pita bread, cut in half crosswise
- 2 leaves lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a medium saucepan; add chicken stock to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, 15 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove from liquid. Let chicken cool to touch. Chop chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Combine chicken, sprouts, water chestnuts,green onions, and garlic. Combine vinegar, soy sauce, and oil; pour over chicken mixture, tossing gently.
- Line each pita half with 1 lettuce leaf; spoon chicken mixture evenly into pita halves.