Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This soup doesn't use a lot of vegetables, but feel free to experiment! The original recipe called for 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, but I'm not a cilantro fan.
- 4 ounces spaghetti
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and cut into chunks
- 8 ounces straw mushrooms, canned
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, bottled or fresh grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Prepare spaghetti as label directs, making sure not to overcook.
- Combine all ingredients, except spaghetti and green onions, in large pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add green onions and spaghetti and stir before serving.