Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Loaded with vegetables this Asian beef noodle soup is also low in calories but full of flavor.
- 8 ounces boneless beef sirloin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 cups beef stock
- 2 slices fresh ginger (thin slices)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups rice vermicelli, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 cups napa cabbage or 2 cups bok choy, shredded
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seed oil
- Cut beef into very thin strips. In a bowl, combine beef with soy sauce. (I added some crushed red pepper -- love the spice).
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring stock, ginger and garlic to a boil. Add vermicelli; boil for 2 minutes or until softened. Add beef, carrots and cabbage.
- Return to a boil; cook for another 2 minutes. Add bean sprouts and cook for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Ladle into bowls; garnish with cilantro and chopped green onions. Drizzle with sesame oil, if desired.
Really good!!! Added spice, more soy sauce, and lime juice to the final product. Delicious!
Yum, Yum Yum! Got a Rib Eye on sale and sliced it real thin. Used Udon Noodles and doubled the Garlic and Ginger. Added Red Pepper Flakes like another reviewer in the Soy Sauce Marinade. It was AWESOME! DO NOT Omit the Sesame Oil, it MAKES IT! Tasted like the soup I make with leftovers after a big Shabu Shabu meal but in minutes and without having to go full Shabu! Great Recipe!
This soup was delicious and super easy to make . The ginger had a nice hint of flavor without being overpowering. Thank you for this recipe I will definitely be making this again !