Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Loaded with vegetables this Asian beef noodle soup is also low in calories but full of flavor.
Make and share this Asian Beef Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces boneless beef sirloin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 cups beef stock
- 2 slices fresh ginger (thin slices)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups rice vermicelli, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 cups napa cabbage or 2 cups bok choy, shredded
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seed oil
- Cut beef into very thin strips. In a bowl, combine beef with soy sauce. (I added some crushed red pepper -- love the spice).
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring stock, ginger and garlic to a boil. Add vermicelli; boil for 2 minutes or until softened. Add beef, carrots and cabbage.
- Return to a boil; cook for another 2 minutes. Add bean sprouts and cook for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Ladle into bowls; garnish with cilantro and chopped green onions. Drizzle with sesame oil, if desired.
We really liked this (including our 13 month old baby)--the flavors aren't complex, but the soup is flavorful. We used tiny shell pasta instead of noodles, did not add bean sprouts (didn't have any), and used a healthy tsp of homemade ginger/garlic paste in place of individual ginger & garlic. Thanks for a quick and tasty soup that was super easy to put together and feed to my houseful of people who are feeling under the weather! :)
I skipped the drizzle of oil and overall this is a healthy low-fat soup. 1 serving is a large bowlful and I just made a meal of it with a side fruit salad. I'd add an extra star if I could. This is definitely worth repeating! Made for Unrated Asian Recipe Tag Game.
This is a wonderful beef soup full of Asian flavor. I used very good quality thinly sliced beef normally used for shabu shabu ie rib eye beef for this soup. My husband who is not really that fond of soup except wonton, ramen, etc really thought this was an outstanding soup. Napa cabbage was used and right before serving squeezed a wedge of lime. Did not use 8 C beef stock and only used 2 (14 1/2 oz) beef broth along with water to come to 8 C liquid. Thank you mama smurf for posting this recipe. Made for Unrated Asian Recipe Tag.