Quick Beef Noodle Soup
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (46 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package beef-flavor ramen noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Stir in V8 juice, soup mix, contents of ramen seasoning packet and mixed vegetables.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Return to a boil.
- Stir in ramen noodles.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until ramen is tender.
- To freeze: Place in a rigid container and freeze.
- To heat: Thaw, place in a saucepan and stir until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I first made this back in 2008, and left a very bad photo. So I wanted to make it again and leave a photo that was worthy of the recipe.I did make one change to the recipe, while the beef was browning a bit if seasoning salt was added to the meat.This is a very economical way to use leftover veggies.And it's still as good as it was back in 2008.Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
I encourage everybody to try this recipe!! We made this as directed and it turned out great. I keep a container in the freezer and dump leftover veggies in it to save for another day and reduce food waste. This was the perfect way to use up the frozen leftover veggies! We ended up with a very economical, kid-pleasing, and quick dinner. 5 starts all the way!
see 5 more reviews