Recipe by Charlotte J
I found this recipe in the newspaper today. I have been using Bec's Hamburger Skillet Supper, for a long time. But this one has a few different things added into it. I just love the ramen noodles. I also add an extra cup of veggies when I make mine.
Top Review by Simplifying Things
This was a nice change from the usual "soup". I was making this for my teenage son and he isn't a big fan of veggies so I divided the recipe and used only 1/4 pkg. of seasoning since there weren't any veggies. Saved a little of the water that the noodles were cooked in to moisten them just a tad and just a couple shakes of ground ginger. It was gone in 10 min.!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, Oriental-flavor
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and drain.
- Season beef with one packet from the noodles.
- Add ginger and mix well.
- In another pan, add water bringing it to a boil then cook noodles, about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Depending how done you like your vegetable, could add them to the water in the beginning of step four. Once the water is at a boil add the noodles.
- Otherwise, add the vegetables to the water at the same time you add the noodles.
- Drain noodles and vegetables and return to the ground beef.
- Heat through.
- Stir in green onions.
- I like to use the frozen mixture of green beans, carrots, corn and peas for my vegetables. But I see in the photo they use broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts.