Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A deliciously sweet barbecue recipe for your next cookout. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (or tomato sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 3 lbs chicken wings (or drumettes)
- To make the marinade, mix together the garlic, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, chili sauce, sesame oil and green onion.
- Place the wings in a shallow, non-metallic dish, add the marinade, cover and leave in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Cook the chicken on a hot, lightly oiled barbecue grill or grill pan, turning once, for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked and golden brown. Baste with marinade during cooking. Heat any remaining marinade in a pan until boiling and serve as a sauce.
Mmm....these were finger licking good.
I cooked these indoors on an electric (non stick) griddle plate, which worked brilliantly well...giving great char lines....then I popped them into the oven for about 5 minutes, just to make sure that they were cooked all the way through.
Beautifully sticky, and delicious!!!
Made for PRMR.
Delicious, delicious, deliciou wings such sticky goodness, I scaled back for 2 serves and my six wings without tips weighed in just under 12 ounces and we were wishing there were more. When I marinated them I thought there was not going to be any sauce left over and I was right but it gave the wings a wonderfull sticky glaze that was finger licking goods but I just knew that sauce would taste so goods so I doubled the sauce ingredients and heated up in the microwave and it was so good over the rice and the wings. Thank you Nancy's Pantry for a really GREAT recipe, made for Everyday A Holiday.