Recipe by Cucina Casalingo
This is a lovely light salad that easy to prepare. We prefer to toast nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant, which takes four or five minutes. Make sure to shake the pan occasionally to turn the nuts. If you don’t have walnut oil, replace the canola and walnut oils with 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 4 cups arugula, washed and dried
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Walnut Vinaigrette;.
- Combine lemon juice, salt, and pepper in bowl with fork.
- Add oils, then whisk or mix with fork until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- The dressing will separate after 5 to 10 minutes, so use immediately or cover and refrigerate; mix again before tossing with greens.
- Place arugula and walnuts in large salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss until greens are evenly coated.
- Serve immediately.