Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A friend of mine sent me this recipe. She got it out of a magazine but I'm not sure which one. It is a wonderful summer salad when fresh berries are in season. Enjoy!
- 236.59 ml strawberry, hulled, sliced, divided
- 29.58 ml white balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml canola oil or 14.79 ml pecan oil
- 4.92 ml honey
- 29.58 ml pistachio nuts, chopped
- 113.39 g log goat cheese
- 946.36 ml arugula leaves
- 177.44 ml blackberries or 177.44 ml blueberries or 177.44 ml raspberries
- 59.14 ml jicama, cut into match stick strips
- For the dressing: Combine 3/4 cup strawberries, vinegar, oil, honey and salt in blender container.
- Cover and blend until smooth; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place the nuts on a piece of waxed paper and roll the goat cheese in the nuts until well coated, slice crosswise into thin slices.
- Place the remaining 1/4 cup strawberries and arugula in a serving dish, top with other berries and jicama.
- Drizzle berry dressing over all and mix to combine; evenly divide mixture onto 4 salad plates and top with slices of cheese.
- Serve additional dressing on the side.
Nice, fresh and unique salad. This was the fist time I have had a salad that was all arugula. It was a little overpowering for me, but I will assume that others enjoy that peppery flavor when rating this recipe. I loved the dressing! What a great, healthy way to dress up a salad! It was delicious! I didn't have white balsamic vinegar so used regular balsamic vinegar and it worked fine. I am asssuming that it might just change the color of the dressing a bit. I wasn't as crazy about the salad mixture, but I think that is personal preference. I might omit the jicama and replace half the arugula with romaine or red leaf lettuce. As I said before, the arugula flavor was a bit much for me. I used raspberries as my additional fruit. We had picked up some arugula at the farmers market and wanted to try it out. I am glad we chose this recipe and will definitely try it again!
Thanks to pic a chef I picked this recipe to try.
I really love this recipe because I can make the dressing up ahead of time and have
it at lunch at work with my salad.
Because of this recipe I now love having fruit in my salad.
Looking forward to trying this dressing with other fruits in my salad.
I tried this recipe this summer (it's out of Better Homes and Gardens)and it rocks!! The pistachio crusted goat cheese is so good, the dressing is delicious (I used regular balsamic) and the mix of berries with the jicama made for a very pretty salad. I entertained with it and everyone was talking about it. Try it you'll like it! :)