Recipe by VegSocialWorker
I think this is from Martha Stuart Living magazine. Add more water as needed- this is a thick vinaigrette.
- 1⁄2 cup pitted oil-cured olives, such as Nicoise (about 36)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups red pear tomatoes or 1 1⁄2 cups grape tomatoes or 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch arugula, trimmed and washed (about 6 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make vinaigrett: Combine olives and the water in the bowl of a food processor. Process until olives are finely chopped. Add garlic, basil, vinegar, and cumin; process until mixture is smooth and combined, stopping to scrape sides of bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, and red onion, and gently toss.
- Pour vinaigrette over bean mixture and toss to coat.
- To serve: divide argula leaves among four plates and mound bean mixture on top.