Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of many recipes from Jeff Baldwin's restaurants in Clinton Twps, Mi. I have taken many of Jeff's culinary classes which are such fun !! It is our favorite Friday Night, have to get out, place to go !! Jeff serves great food, has the BEST staff from anywhere else we go. We usually sit in the bar area where we can have a full dinner, or just appetizers. Jeff just added Tapas to his great menu !! You will see me posting many of his recipes which I have made everyone of them myself at home ! Enjoy ( Jeff also uses this dip for a stuffing with fish or chicken. He also stuffs it into artichoke bottoms or wraps it in phyllo dough !! )
- 1 (10 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 cups fresh Baby Spinach, chopped
- 1 ounce breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- chopped tomato, for top (optional)
- pre-heat oven 350.
- place artichoke hearts in food processor.
- place cleaned chopped spinach leaves to the artichokes hearts.
- combine remaining ingredients up until the tomato's and pulse to a rough chop ,DO NOT PUREE !
- place dip into ovenproof gratin dish and bake for about 15 minutes.
- remove from oven, top with tomato.
- serve with assortment of bagels chips, homemade pizza crisp, tortilla chips etc.
Probably the best spinach-artichoke dip I have made yet. I did change a few things. First I cut the mayo down to a 1/2 cup (not a big fan of mayo) and used 1/2 cup of light cream cheese. then I increased the garlic(we love garlic) by 1/2 ts and I used half asiago cheese and half parmesan cheese. The chopped tomatoes was a wonderful addition. Thanks for a great recipe. Made for Aus/Nz recipe swap #20.