Recipe by CareCook
I've tried many different spinach-artichoke dips, but this is my favorite. It's similar to the kind you'd get in a restaurant. Easy to make additional and freeze. You can serve it with chips or make as a spinach artichoke toast. The toast idea came from Holly Clegg's Freezer Friendly Meals.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, canned
- 1 cup spinach, frozen
- 12 ounces tortilla chips or 1 loaf Italian bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee garlic.
- Blend all ingredients together lightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees until warm and bubbly.
- Eat with toasted pita bread or chips.
- Artichoke Cheese toast:.
- Slice a loaf of Italian bread in half length wise. Scoop out the center with your fingers, cut into pieces, and toast until lightly browned. Cool and set aside.
- Fold bread pieces into dip.
- Spoon mixture into bread shells.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven, 350 degrees 18-20 minute.
- To Freeze:.
- Wrap, label, and freeze before baking.
- To Prepare after Freezing:.
- Wrap in foil.
- Bake directly from the freezer at 350 degrees for 20 minute.
- Unwrap foil and bake another 5-10 minute.