- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 medium artichokes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups tomatoes, canned, Italian style
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil and butter. Cook the artichokes in the oil and butter, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, tomatoes, bay leaf, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer covered, stirring occasionally, until the artichokes are tender.
- Makes enough sauce for about 1 pound of spaghetti.