Recipe by sprout 13
The local grocery had artichokes on sale and I made up some sauce to go with a plain steamed 'choke. By itself the sauce tastes a bit strong, but when added to the unseasoned artichoke it's just right. The mustard sounds "odd", but adds a depth and flavor, making the sauce much tastier than just plain butter and salt.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, pressed or finely grated
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon brown mustard
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredient except water. Microwave until the butter is melted (mine took 15s).
- Stir in water. The mustard will make the sauce emulsify into a smooth mixture.
- Serve as a dipping sauce with an artichoke. This makes a generous amount for one artichoke and can be multiplied for several artichokes.