Recipe by Manami
The combinattion of artichoke hearts with red peppers is wonderful! Mix that with the nice smooth and fattening cream cheese, who can resist trying it? Pepperidge Farms Web Site.
- 17 1⁄3 ounces frozen puff pastry sheets (2 sheets thawed)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced roasted sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- garlic powder, to taste
- seasoning salt, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 400°F
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- Stir the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese until the ingredients are mixed.
- Stir in the artichokes, red pepper and parsley.
- Season to taste.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll the sheet into a 12-inch square.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with water.
- Fold over the edges 1/2 inch on all sides, pressing firmly with a fork to form a rim.
- Prick the pastry thoroughly with a fork.
- Repeat with the remaining pastry.
- Divide the cheese mixture between the pastry crusts and spread to within 1/2 inch of the edge.
- Sprinkle each with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
- TIP: Make Ahead Tip: Prepare the cheese filling up to 5 days in advance.