This is a yummy sandwich! I like to use foccacia bread instead of the rolls. Also, I just use the oil from the artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes instead of adding the EVOO. Sometimtes I add mayo on 1 side of the bread, as I am a mayo addict. LOL Prep time does not include refrigeration time. Adapted from Bon Appétit, August 2003. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 (340.19 g) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 118.29 ml chopped drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 118.29 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh basil
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 6 inch-long Italian rolls, split in half lengthwise
- 12 slice fresh provolone cheese
- 170.09 g salami, thinly sliced
- Mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl to blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide artichoke mixture among bottom halves of rolls.
- Top with cheese, then salami.
- Press sandwiches lightly to compact and wrap each tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate sandwiches at least 4 hours and up to 1 day.