Prep 8 mins
Cook 17 mins
frittata for lunch?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, halved, thinly sliced crossways
- 1 (170 g) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 6 eggs
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh continental fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Heat oil in a 20cm-diameter (base measurement) non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Add artichokes and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Kids' task: Meanwhile, place the eggs in a jug. Add the garlic and whisk until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the artichoke mixture. Reduce heat to low and cook for 6-7 minutes or until frittata is set around the edge but still runny in the centre. Cook under preheated grill for a further 2 minutes or until golden brown and just set. Remove from grill. Turn onto a chopping board.
- Cut frittata into 8 wedges. Place on a serving platter and sprinkle with parsley to serve.
I just made this for our lunch using a large onion I cooked for quite a bit longer until it was starting to caramelise. I cooked the garlic with the onion towards the end. This frittata is very delicately flavoured and I would enjoy a zingy fresh tomato, chili lime salsa with it next time.