- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb frozen artichoke bottom, thawed, cut into wedges
- 1 onion, diced
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb fettuccine
Directions See How It's Made
- in a large pot of salted boiing water add fettuccine- cook according to package directions.
- heat oil in skillet, add onions and saute until softened.
- add artichokes, season with salt and pepper, cover and cook on low 20 minutes.
- add stock, cream, hazelnuts, parsley, and simmer over low heat.
- drain pasta, reserving 1 c cooking water.
- add pasta to sauce, add additional cooking water if needed.