Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't tried this chicken dish yet, but it has changed my dinner menu for tomorrow. I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com where it has received 663 5-star reviews. Credit goes to Amanda Bibb who submitted it. As I was reading through some of the reviews, there were some notations that I felt should be shared here. One reviewer said that even after draining the artichokes, there was still some excess liquid in the pan, so it was recommended that the artichokes be squeezed prior to chopping to cut the liquid even more. This same reviewer made it at another time and this time used marinated artichokes and said it was fantastic. It was also suggested by a couple of people to use 1/2 mayonnaise and 1/2 sour cream instead of all mayonnaise, now that sounds really good to me too; adding garlic,salt and pepper to taste was also suggested.
- 15 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pinch garlic pepper seasoning
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinless, boneless
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, and garlic pepper.
- Place chicken in a greased baking dish and cover evenly with artichoke mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes in the preheated oven or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear.
- NOTE: If you have not yet read my recipe description, please refer to it as there are some suggested changes/additions that other reviewers suggested, and they sound good and logical.
I made this for my boyriend for supper tonight and we both agreed that it was not good at all. I followed the recipe exactly, but it was too mayonnaisey. I do not reccommend this. If you do make it, you might want to alter the ingredients.
Very good thank you. I read your intro and used marinated artichokes (well drained and patted dry) and 1/4 cup of sour cream. I also used a peri peri flavoured mayo that had a nice kick to it.