Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A good alternative to the store bought sauces.
- 1 (14 ounce) candiced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can artichoke heart, drained and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 packet onion soup mix
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 3 scallions, diced
- Heat olive oil in skillet and cook garlic and scallions about 2 minutes.
- Add parsley and cook one minute.
- Place garlic and parsley in saucepan, add wine, and cook until fluid reduces by about half.
- Stir in tomato paste, artichokes, diced tomatoes, and onion soup mix.
- Cook another five minutes and serve over pasta.
I really dont think ill use premade pasta sauce anymore after having this.. it was delish! and AFTER we were done eating i noticed i completely forgot to add the onion soup mix. Thanks for posting! made this for a Bargain Basement tag