Simple and elegant quiche - wonderful low-calorie meal or appetizer.
Make and share this Artichoke and Smoked Gouda Crustless Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Heat small skillet over medium-high heat and saute shallots until transparent. Set aside.
- Layer drained/dried artichoke hearts in the bottom of pie plate.
- Cover with parmesan and then gouda cheese.
- Combine egg whites, egg substitute, skim milk and cayenne. Incorporate shallots and pour over artichoke/cheese into pie plate.
- Bake for 32-34 minutes until eggs are set in the middle.
- Turn broiler to High and broil 1-2 minutes until golden.
- Let sit a few minutes before cutting.