Prep 10 mins
Cook 32 mins
Simple and elegant quiche - wonderful low-calorie meal or appetizer.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained well, patted dry and chopped
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 ounce smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 2 -3 shallots, diced
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Heat small skillet over medium-high heat and saute shallots until transparent. Set aside.
- Layer drained/dried artichoke hearts in the bottom of pie plate.
- Cover with parmesan and then gouda cheese.
- Combine egg whites, egg substitute, skim milk and cayenne. Incorporate shallots and pour over artichoke/cheese into pie plate.
- Bake for 32-34 minutes until eggs are set in the middle.
- Turn broiler to High and broil 1-2 minutes until golden.
- Let sit a few minutes before cutting.
Not trying to change the recipe, just lacking in ingredients. I used broccoli and garlic chive from the garden. 4 eggs instead of egg replacer and all i had was vanilla flavored milks, so i mushed cream cheese into water.
with the basic idea, and recipe to know the measurements.
This is delicious and i will be making it again.
This is the best quiche I have ever had! It was really delicious. I used real eggs; 4 eggs worked well for the 1 cup of egg substitute. I loved the cayenne pepper in there as it gave just a tiny kick of heat. It all came together to make the perfect quiche. Thanks for the recipe!