Recipe by Scotty Moore
This is a super easy recipe, but don't leave out the grilling step. It really make s difference.
- 8 chicken legs
- 2 tabelspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with peppers (Original flavor)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with peppers (Mild flavor)
- 1 (8 ounce) boxof zatarain's Spanish rice mix
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly coat the chicken legs with the olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Be generous here as a lot of it will cook off on the grill.
- Grill legs over a medium fire, turning to get all sides well marked and browned. Grill until chicken is about 3/4 of the way cooked, but do not over cook as it will finish with the rice.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- Drain the juice from both cans of tomatoes into a 2 cup measuring cup.
- Add enough chicken broth to the juice to make 1 1/2 cups total. Save the rest of the broth for another use.
- In a large saute pan,place the juice mix, tomatoes, rice mix, peas, corn and butter.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to incorporate.
- Add chicken legs and any juice on the plate.
- Cover, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 25 minutes.