Recipe by Ma Field
From Cardamom & Coriander by Simon Morris. Another yummy bit from my new love of Indian food and ZWT6. Little appetizer Indian burger patties which are best eaten grilled outside. Another recipe I read suggested to have the beef ground three times to improve the mouth feel of the patties. Seems like a great idea to me. Ask your butcher.
Top Review by Jamilahs_Kitchen
I thought the meat had a great aromatic flavor and my first time using methi leaves. I did toss in just a bit of lemon juice jsut because I like acid in my kofta and left out the eggs. I made them inside on the non stick griddle. Everyone loved. Thanks for a new Kofta recipe! Made for ZWT 6 by a fellow Looney Spoon :)
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard (use a good one)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dry methi leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil (for cooking)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix beef with onion, garlic and chili. Add mustard, garam masala, salt and eggs. Mix until thouroughly blended and bound together. Add the coriander and methi. mix just to combine.
- Divide mixture in half and divide each half into 12 equal portions. Shape into small patties.
- Brush lightly with oil and grill about 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Alternately put a small amount of oil in a frying pan and cook until browned.