1/1 Photo of Armenian Pickles (Tourshi)
Spicy and delicious dill vegetable pickles. They are easy to make...I usually make a 5 gallon jug in the fall and give them away to my friends. They are usually ready by Thanksgiving. You can also use kirby cucumbers, peppers, hot or sweet, green tomatoes or any combination you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large heads cauliflower, cut up into florets
- 1 large head of cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 head garlic, divided
- 16 large dill sprigs, divided
- 4 tablespoons whole mixed pickling spices, divided
- 1Sterilize 8 large mouth quart jars and lids.
- 2Prepare vegetables and divide among eight quart jars .I use raw vegetables because I like the crunch. Stuff jars tightly with vegetables, adding carrots and green beans into the corners, pushing down with a wooden spoon. Put two sprigs of dill and two cloves of garlic in each jar with one or more teaspoons of pickling spice, to taste.( I use about 1-1/2 tsps.) Add one or more hot peppers to each jar if you like spicy pickles.
- 3Boil water, vinegar, salt and turmeric.
- 4Pour into each jar to fill and seal.
- 5Store in a cool dry place for four to six weeks.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Armenian Pickles (Tourshi)
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.9
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3567.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole mixed pickling spices