Armenian Sweet and Sour Garlic Pickles
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Sweet and Sour Garlic Pickles are eaten throughout Western Asia. It has to be prepared well in advance(about 2 weeks), so plan ahead.
- Ready In:
- 2 large heads of garlic, peeled (about 60 cloves)
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns (cracked or lightly crushed)
- 3 hot dried red chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Place the peeled garlic in a sterile glass jar and add the salt and sugar. Cover and shake to mix. Let stand on the counter for 1-2 hours shaking every now and then to get the garlic to start to break down and give off its liquid.
- Heat the pomegranate juice and the vinegar in a small saucepan to bring to a boil.
- Add the peppercorns, the sliced or torn chili peppers and the dill to the garlic and then top off with the pomegranate juice and vinegar mixture.
- Cover and shake well.
- Store refrigerated for at least 2 weeks before eating.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION