Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
We were invited for dinner at a friend's house and she served us this wonderful cake for dessert. I found this recipe at Cooks.com and Chow Times.com. I have yet to try making it myself to see if it works. Will probably add a review if it turns out great.
- 473.18 ml brown sugar
- 473.18 ml sifted all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml butter
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml grated orange rind
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 118.29 ml sliced almonds
Orange Whipped Cream Topping
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 29.58 ml icing sugar
- 4.92 ml grated orange peel
- 29.58 ml Grand Marnier (or Cointreau)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the brown sugar, flour, butter, salt, orange peel and all-spice in a medium size bowl.
- Blend with a pastry blender (or mix with your hand) until the mixture is crumbly and completely blended.
- Grease a baking pan. Spread half of the crumb mixture on the baking pan and pressed the mixture down evenly.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the baking soda, sour cream and egg. Stir to mix well.
- Add the sour cream mixture into the remaining half of the crumb mixture. Blend well.
- Pour the batter over the crumb base.
- Sprinkle the top with almond flakes or chopped nuts.
- Bake in the 350F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until the tester comes out clean.
- Serve warm with the Orange Whipped Cream Topping.
- Orange Whipped Cream Topping:.
- Whip cream until stiff. Stir in sugar, peel and liqueur. Let stand for about one hour to let flavors blend.