This is a classic what some might call BBQ sandwiches. While true BBQ afficianados will certainly deny it the term BBQ, it's sweet tomatoey , beefy tang is always an easy crowd pleaser. Besides being delicious on a bun, it's a wonderful topper for baked potatoes.
- In hot Dutch oven, brown arm roast in oil.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours adding water if necessary (if lid fits well, adding water shouldn't be necessary).
- Add onion and garlic and continue simmering for 1 hour, oruntil beef is fork tender.
- With two forks, break meat into coarse shreds and chunks.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring back to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Grill lightly buttered hamburger buns and pile on the meat.