Recipe by BakinBaby
Spicy Argentina Chimichurri Seasoning in a Bread Machine! Full of herbs and spice. You can process completely on bread cycle or process as dough, shape into a loaf, let rise (about 30-45 min.) and bake at 400 until golden brown. Comes from "The Best Bread Machine Cookbook Ethnic Breads", posted for ZWT, Argentina. Time in bread machine is not included in prep or cooking time.
Top Review by Just_Ducky!!
This smelled so wonderful both rising in the ABM and baking in the oven my boys were asking what was I baking. Both asked for seconds, gave it 5 stars and my 10yo wants his lunch made with it tomorrow. Very very nice and moist, flavourful and loving that it worked perfectly in the ABM. I used ground flax in place of the wheat bran, 2 cups whole wheat flour, brown sugar & molasses just for taste preference. Served with a lovely Argentinean soup. Definitely a keeper, thanks for posting BakinBaby. Made and enjoyed during ZWT #7 but not for a challenge :D
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons dry yeast
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons wheat bran (oat bran or wholewheat flour can be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in order suggested by bread machine manual, process on bread cycle.
- Or -- process on dough cycle, remove dough, place in well oiled loaf pan, cover, let rise until doubled (about 30-45 min.), bake at 400 until golden brown,(about 20-25 min.) remove from oven, rub top with butter.