1/1 Photo of Arabic Lentil Soup - Shorbat Addas
1 hr 15 mins
Cookie Jarvis's Note:
This is a very typical Arabic soup made with very few ingredients. The taste is amazing and your stomach will thank you if you eat it on a warm, rainy day. Make it a meal by adding torn up pieces of pita bread to your bowl, or fry pieces of pita bread in oil for an arabic style crouton. Some like a squeeze of lemon or a pinch of cumin for extra flavor. A garnish of green onion is nice as well. Great soup for pressure cooker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot or pressure cooker, saute chopped onions in vegetable oil until soft.
- 2Rinse dried lentils several times.
- 3Add lentils, water, salt and pepper to the pot.
- 4Bring to boil and simmer for an hour or more until lentils turn yellow in color and are soft and dissolving in broth.
- 5If using a pressure cooker, cook for 15 minutes after pressure has risen. Release pressure before removing lid.
- 6Whisk lentils to make a smooth soup, or stir to blend for a more textured soup.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arabic Lentil Soup - Shorbat Addas
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.1
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1174.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 15.0 g